Frequently Asked Questions
- I would like you to make a necklace that represents a personal experience I had; can you do that?
- Yes, I will certainly do my best. We’d start with a free private consultation. Here are some examples of how I use jewelry to tell personal stories. (read more)
- I would love to commission a piece, but I don't have any items to include. Can you still make a piece that will tell my story?
- Glad you asked. Yes, during your free consultation, I will personally listen to your desires, ideas, memories, messages, and preview any items you have collected. I like to get to know you or the person we are making the jewelry or art piece for. Then, I'll create basic sketches or design ideas based upon our conversation, give you a timeframe, and estimated price. Once we're in agreed, work begins, and before you know it, your visual story will be ready for you to wear, share, or display. Want to see some examples or chat about it during a fee consultation?
- What kind of things can be included in a custom piece of jewelry?
- Pretty much anything you like, maybe something with a memory associated with it, a collection, or something past down. I prefer things that are about 6" or smaller because they are more comfortable to wear. I have some pretty unusual pieces using sentimental items such as bookmarks, shells, keys, china, bullet casings, glass, fur, automotive parts, fishing gear, sewing notions, game pieces, paint brushes, feathers, drift wood, wedding dresses, stones, old jewelry, and even hair. I'm happy to chat about it, email me and include pictures if you want.
- Your jewelry is a miniature piece of art, I'd like to display it. Is that possible?
- Thank you, Yes, I design my jewelry to be displayed either on the body, on the wall, or as table display. Custom wall hangings and table top displays are wonder way personalize a space, event, and your home. Once I have a better idea of what you are interested in and see any items you may have, then we can brainstorm idea. It's easy to get started with a free consultation.
- Do you make other art pieces or just jewelry?
- Good question. Yes, though jewelry and accessories are one of my favorite art forms, I do we make table top and wall art, small sculptures, large, watercolor paintings and prints, outdoor sculptures, most of these are commissions. You can learn more about them on my blog.
- Do you teach jewelry classes?
- Yes, I offer private and small group classes. Classes are tailored to what you want to learn or make, this makes the best use of your time and investment. learn more
SCULPTURES & DECOR
- I have some odd things from my dad, like old fishing stuff, a few tools, etc.. could you make a sculpture or artwork from them?
- Yes, I can use just about anything, we can discuss options during your free consultation. I love that you have some items with special memories associated with them, it will make the piece even more special.
- Do you work with people out of your area?
- Yes, you would simply contact me. Then we'd have a conversation either by phone call, zoom, facetime, or skype. During our conversation we will determine your desires and the best methods to move forward,
- Chainsaw Carvings - I'd like to have a carving made, are you still doing making them.
- Yes and No. Ed is taking a break from his carvings and only takes on select jobs right now. Learn more See carvandings available